The story begins on August 8, 1925. The occasion for the construction of the Weindorf in the Rhine-Moselle city of Koblenz was the "Reichsausstellung Deutscher Wein" (Imperial Exhibition of German Wine) in August and September 1925. After all, Koblenz is located in the heart of winegrowing and has always been a center of the wine trade and tourism.
The idea was to build an authentic typical winegrowers' village. A village whose houses represent the major German wine-growing regions: Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Rheingau, Hessen and Nahe, Mittelrhein, Ahr, of the Siebengebirge and the Lahn, Baden-Württemberg and Central Germany. The wines of the Palatinate and Franconia were served in the Bavarian House.
Located directly on the banks of the Rhine, the location continues to delight our guests from all over the world. More than 20,000 people from near and far came to the opening in the first days.
The mayor at the time, Dr. Russell, praised the Weindorf, saying, "This village that lifts Coblenz out of the daily grind." Even Reich President von Hindenburg sent a congratulatory telegram on the opening of the Weindorf, and pressmen from all over discovered the Koblenz wineries.
Today the Weindorf is a modern location with historical character. The preservation of the buildings is close to our heart and at the same time we are continuously modernizing our wine village to meet the current demands of our guests. Visit us and convince yourself of the uniqueness of the Weindorf Koblenz!